Ok, so last night I baked a low carb (keto) cake to satisfy my sweettooth. It was super filling and all you need is a veeeery small bite to satisfy your craving. Trust me!
It was really easy and not at all compicated and I got a request for the recipe so here it comes.
- 200g of butter
- 200g of dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 3 large eggs or 4 smaller
- 1/3 cup (0,75 dl) of Stevia or any other sugar substitute of choice.
- Salt (unless you use salted butter, then I would skip the salt)
- Optional: vanilla extract or maybe orange zest would bring a nice twist to it.
- Melt butter and chocolate slowly on stove and then let cool for a bit. (You don´t want your eggs to cook and have chocolate flavoured scrambled eggs…)
- Whip eggs and stevia fluffy (about 3-5 min).
- Combine chocolate and eggs and whisk together.
- Add to a greased pan (I used a 10″) and I also added some shredded coconut to the bottom. You can skip this step if you want.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes on about 400 F or 200C. Keep a close eye on it. It cooks, and burns fast.
Let cool and then enjoy with whipped cream and berries if you´d like. I did my own strawberry mix to ad on top and it works great as a jam substitute. Yum!
And you… a little goes a long way. This cake will last me atleast a week or more. I tried to freeze a piece to see how that works out. I´ll let you know.